5 Top Tips on Regrouping Your Psyche
There are times in all our lives that we all need a little mental rejuvenation. I myself am constantly searching for different ways to stay focused and centered in this ever-fast paced crazy world.
Here are 5 of my top tips on how to re-group your psyche and stay mentally healthy.
1) GET SLEEP: The ultimate step in becoming rejuvenated is to get more sleep. Having enough sleep can help your search for emotional well-being, weight loss, as well as revving your immune system and even keeping your heart in check!
2) TIME OUT: Just take off. It’s as simple as that! Take the day off and do what you want. Have that mental health day. Stay home, take yoga, get a facial or whatever you can to help “clear your head “and rejuvenate yourself. If you are able, go on vacation. Whatever you do, try to keep the situation that you are in as stress -free as possible. In other words, don’t allow drama to creep in.
3) TUNE OUT: Literally shut off your phone and computer!
Getting rid of any distractions is a great way to rejuvenate yourself. You will be able to have some quality time without any disturbances from anyone around you. You can check your messages during this turn-off period, but ONLY call those back that are true emergencies!
4) STEP AWAY: If you aren’t lucky enough to take a day or two off, just take a break. When you find yourself in a stressful situation or you just can’t concentrate, take a walk around the block to clear your thoughts. By removing yourself from the situation or just being out and /or alone, you will be able to easily refocus and rework your situation from a new prospective.
5) BREATHE: Breathing is what we do to live and it’s the easiest way to calm us down in any situation. Just stay still and slowly breathe in the positive and breathe out the negative thoughts. Visualize the actual process of breathing in good and breathing out bad while thinking about a situation that you love, such as being on a beach or walking through a beautiful garden, etc.
This simple breathing exercise will clear your mind and help you to become calmer and/or refocused within minutes.