Man cannot survive alone on Peeps and Chocolate Bunnies. Although I am really looking forward to both, I know that I will feel better about myself after eating this healthy recipe from Benjamin’s. If the only thing you know how to make for Easter is peeps and chocolate bunnies, you may want to head over to Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester this Easter. These recipes are definitely good enough to break your diet for! No one diets on Easter Sunday, anyway! 🙂 Recipes courtesy of Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester acclaimed Chef Arturo McLeod.
Tuna Deviled Eggs
8 hardboiled eggs
1 can tuna in water, drained
½ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon spicy Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon onion, finely minced/grated
Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, for garnish
8 petit stuffed olives, halved, for garnish
– Cut hardboiled eggs in half, length-wise. Carefully remove the yolk without breaking the white, and collect in a separate bowl. Lay remaining egg whites in a platter and separate.
– In the bowl, combine the yolk, tuna, mayo, mustard, onion, salt and pepper.
– Neatly spoon the mixture into the hollowed egg “boats,” lightly sprinkle with paprika and top with the olive halves.
– For a nice presentation, serve on a platter lined with lettuce!
Lamb Stew over Mashed Potatoes
– 1 rack of lamb (approximately 8 pieces, sliced at ¼ inch each)
– 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
– ½ onion, diced
– 3 stalks of celery, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2-3 basil leaves, chopped
– ½ teaspoon rosemary
– Salt & pepper, to taste
– 10 Idaho potatoes, peeled & sliced about ¼ inch
– 1 stick of butter
– ½ cup milk
– ½ cup heavy cream
– Pinch white pepper
– Salt, to taste
– ½ onion (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the rack of lamb in the oven, lightly seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary: leave in for about 10 to 15 minutes, just until the fat melts away (this burns the grease out so it won’t sit in your stew)
– Add the lamb with the remaining ingredients to a large pot with 2 cups of water. Leave on low heat for about 1.5-2 hours.
– In a separate pot, add potatoes and fill with water. Boil for about ½ hour to 45 minutes, until the potatoes are soft, but not overcooked.
- If you like your mashed potatoes fluffy, take about ½ an onion, chop it very finely, and when the potatoes are about a ¼ way cooked, add diced onions to the water while the potatoes are cooking.
– Once the potatoes are finished, strain them and blend them in a food processor with cream, milk, butter, white pepper, salt, and with the boiled onions, if necessary.
– When stew is ready, place a layer of mashed potatoes, flattened, in a plate and top with the lamb stew. Enjoy!
Still want more? Make a reservation this easter at Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester. See their delicious Easter menu here!