You are probably curious about CBD products lately and you have been wanting to try it out for yourself. However, just like any other product, it’s best to know what you’re getting yourself into before purchasing or using any kind of CBD product you see online.
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a product that is naturally derived from the Hemp plant. However, unlike the Marijuana drug which is prohibited in some states and countries, CBD does not contain Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the psychoactive component of Marijuana. Therefore, CBD will not induce a feeling of being “high.” Instead, it will only give a sense of relief and relaxation to the user.
Why Use CBD?
The main reason why CBD is becoming an increasingly popular product is because of its potential health benefits. People who experience chronic pain, anxiety, stress, and other illnesses use it to ease their conditions. Basically, CBD is primarily used for health and wellness purposes, and most commonly for:
- Epilepsy: Those who suffer from Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), which are two rare forms of epilepsy, make use of CBD to lower the frequency of seizures.
- Chronic Pain: Taking CBD can help ease and manage pain by inducing a sense of relief and relaxation in the body.
- Arthritis – Topical creams that are infused with CBD are also effective as pain-relief solutions for inflamed joints and muscles.
- Anxiety and Depression: CBD helps increase Serotonin levels in the brain, which helps alleviate anxiety and depression. Serotonin also plays a crucial role in pain management, and people who suffer from chronic pain and depression can greatly benefit from this.
- Curbing Addiction: Those who quit smoking or are undergoing drug withdrawals take CBD to help suppress their nicotine or drug cravings.
More studies are still being done by researchers to determine the optimum uses and effects of CBD. These studies are promising, especially when it comes to health and wellness.
What Kind Of CBD Products Are Available In The Market?
CBD products come in different forms. Each type differs in dosage and use. The most common types of CBD products that are available in the market today are the following:
- Edibles: CBD can be taken orally in the form of capsules, gummies, or tablets. Taking CBD in a pill form will be easier for first time users who are not very familiar with measuring the correct dosage. Most edibles indicate the dosage per tablet, which is usually around 10-25 milligrams per piece. One pill will be enough to induce the effects and will last for a few hours.
- Tinctures: These come in a bottle with dosages that range from 100mg to 1500mg. You can ingest it by placing a few drops under your tongue and hold it for about 30 seconds. When you consume CBD in tincture form, you’ll most likely feel the effects after 10 minutes, which is a lot faster compared to taking it in edible form.
- Topical Cream: For those who don’t want to take any CBD product but still wish to experience its pain-relieving effects, topical creams are available. This can be applied directly to the skin which needs relief from pain or rash.
- CBD Oils: You can use CBD oil to refill a vape pen and smoke the vapor. Vaping CBD oil works well for many since the effects can be experienced in minutes.
Each type of CBD-infused product addresses a certain purpose and lifestyle. However, you must be careful when you go shopping for such products. When it comes to CBD Oil and tinctures; some manufacturers dilute them with a carrier oil. This is fine, but only if the manufacturer states this fact on their label.
That’s why when you shop for CBD products, especially online, you must select a reputable brand like Populum. Aside from making top-quality CBD products, the company is also known for its transparency.
Is There A Recommended Dosage for CBD?
There is no hard-and-fast rule when it comes to the right dosage for CBD. It highly depends on your desired effects, the severity of your condition, and body weight. Most people who use CBD follow the recommended dosage that is indicated on the label or guide that is provided by the brand they purchased.
Most manufacturers will indicate the milligrams of CBD per drop (for oils) or per piece (per pill) on the packaging so you can estimate how much dosage will induce your desired effects. There are also recommendations on some labels.
It’s common practice to start with a low dosage first, especially for first-timers. The dose can be increased as time goes by, and depending on your body’s needs. For first time users, 10 mg will be sufficient to induce mild effects.
You can increase your dosage if you want more potent effects or if you don’t feel any results with your initial dose. Observe how your body reacts after each intake and once you find the comfortable dosage that addresses your needs, you can stick to it.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The most known side effect of CBD is mild drowsiness, which can be common with first-time users but will eventually subside with regular use. The reason behind feeling drowsy can be due to the “relaxing” effect that is induced by CBD.
Drowsiness can also be associated with high doses of CBD, and some users might need to adjust to a lower dose. Other side effects that can be observed are nausea, vomiting, and mood swings. Overall, the side effects of CBD tend to be much less severe compared to other prescription drugs.
Is It Legal To Purchase And Use CBD?
Hemp CBD products are no longer criminalized in the United States since 2018, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill that legalized the Hemp industry. The law allows Cannabis to be farmed, harvested, and used commercially to manufacture products like CBD Oil. However, some states with restrictions will still require a doctor’s prescription before you can purchase and use CBD. Therefore, it’s best to check the laws of your state first.
CBD has many benefits, especially in the realm of health and wellness. But before you start using a CBD product, you must do your research first. Just like any other supplement, it’s essential to know the benefits and potential risks of using them.
If you want to use CBD to address a health condition, it’s still advisable to seek professional help so they can also determine if the product is safe and beneficial for you. Keep in mind that using CBD can only help manage your condition and is not a cure-all solution. Lastly, it’s best to be vigilant about the CBD product you are buying. Make sure to purchase from reputable stores and manufacturers only.