Kelowna is a city in British Columbia, Canada, famous for most of the best vineyards and wineries that you can find in the Okanagan region. It offers a lot of beautiful scenery with pine forests, orchards, and beaches. It is thus a great holiday destination where you can lounge in the sun on the beach or go hiking. One of the best activities, however, to participate in is going on the famous Kelowna wine tours, as there are plenty of wineries in the area that you can visit and have a blast.
Reasons why you should go on a Wine Tour
You can opt, of course, to visit the wineries individually with a loved one or a couple of friends on your private trip. However, booking a tour with a wine tour company would be so much more fun. Below are some of the reasons why:
- They will take you to the best places
Tour companies invest a lot in gaining sufficient knowledge of the area, and as such, you can rest assured that they will take you to some of the best wineries that they know. This will help you have a wholesome, enjoyable experience.
- You do not have to drive
Driving around can get a bit tricky especially when you have been wine tasting all day. Sure, they offer you a spittoon at the winery so that you do not have to swallow, but in case you do want to indulge in the wine, driving may not be the best option. Booking a wine tour, therefore, will allow you to have the time of your life and enjoy the wine, and let the tour company take care of the driving.
- You will meet a lot of new people
The best part about any form of a tour is the fact you will be going with a bunch of people who have similar interests such as yours. By the time the tour is over, you will have made so many friends and taken multiple pictures to remember the day.
Before going on a wine tour, some of the tips you need to remember include:
- If you will not be booking a wine tour or but rather traveling independently, make sure that you have a designated driver with you as it is never a good idea to drink and drive. It will also allow you to enjoy the wine and make the most of your trip.
- It is always a good idea to carry some form of identification with you just in case they need to verify your age.
- If traveling independently, do your research. It will help you pick out the best place to visit, including their opening and closing time, fees, and lunch spots in the area.
Overall, whatever way you choose to do the tour, you are bound to have an unforgettable experience as Kelowna is quite a lovely place with so much to offer. Go on right ahead and start planning for your trip today.