When it comes to being fabulous, Andrea Warshaw-Wernick has always been at the top of her game.
Compared to the average person, Andrea has already lived 4 lives. And in every instance, she’s used her intuitive insight for talent to encourage others to bring their gifts to the Planet!
I often find that I try to do too much at one time, which leaves little time to focus on one particular task that really needs to be accomplished. If you find yourself unable to focus on one task, here are some tips to help you take a deep breath, and de-clutter your mind of all the other things you have going on so that you can really dive into that important project, so that you can cross it off your to-do list once and for-all:
1) Write it down: If you have lots of things on your mind, writing them down on paper not only helps prioritize your to-do list, but it also prevents you from forgetting what you wanted to do in the first place – something we can all identify with as we age!
2) Identify: To help simplify or declutter your mind, you must first identify those things on your list that are most important for you to focus on right now. It can be more than one thing.
3) Eliminate: You now know what’s essential to you so you can identify what’s not essential. What things in your life are truly not that important to you? Eliminate things that are not on your short list so you begin to declutter.
4) Do Less: Take your to-do list and cross off half the things on it. Just pick a few things to get done today, and focus on those. In other words, take away unrealistic goals. Don’t overtax yourself. If you do less, you’ll have less on your mind. Clear away everything else until you’re done with that task. Then focus on the next task.
5) Declutter: Actually declutter your desk at work or home – wherever you consider your workspace. Once there is order in front of you, you will feel less stressed. Having a lot of stuff around you is just visual clutter – it occupies part of your mind, even if you don’t realize it.
*Most importantly, know that if you get plenty of sleep, exercise and eat properly, your mental clutter will clear away!