20/20 CREAMY ARTICHOKE SOUP
Thanks to Meghan AKA @fabulousfiber_ for this fiber fabulous recipe She is the winner of the 2020 Creamy Soup Contest with this delicious, and EASY soup recipe!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, roughly-chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add heat to a pot and place over medium-hight heat. Add leeks and garlic to sauté for approximately 10 minutes, or until the leeks are translucent.
- Add the artichoke hearts, thyme and boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer until the leeks and artichoke hearts are soft, about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and strip the remaining leaves into the pot. Add the 20/20 powder and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender, or vitamix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serves 4, ~1 cup per serving. This is a Step 1 Approved Recipe.
- FOR JOURNALING ON THE F-FACTOR DIET: 6g carbohydrate, 8g fiber
- ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 108 calories, 8g protein, 16g carb, 8g fiber, 8g net carb, 4g sugar, 4g fat, 1g sat fat, 196mg sodium