Chocolate-Covered Canadian Bacon for the Holidays
This holiday season, impress your guests with a unique recipe that is sweet, smoky and spicy- all in one! It’s a twist on one of my favorite recipes- chocolate covered Canadian bacon- but with cinnamon and cayenne pepper to add a bit of a holiday twist. It’s quite heavy- so 2 slices serves up to 4 guests when sliced, and it can be served as either a snack, appetizer or even dessert!
Chocolate-covered Canadian Bacon
With Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper
2 slices of extra-thick Canadian Bacon
1 cups of melted chocolate (made with Semi-sweet chocolate morsels)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Powdered sugar, to top
1) In a double-broiler, melt chocolate morsels. If you do not have a double broiler, simply boil water in a medium-sized pot, then place the chocolate morsels into a smaller sauce pan and place it in the larger pan to melt.
2) Stir in cinnamon and cayenne pepper
3) Place Canadian bacon in a rack and broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
4) Remove Bacon from broiler and pat with a paper towel to remove the oil.
5) With a spoon, coat both sides of the Canadian Bacon with chocolate mixture.
6) Place in a lightly buttered pan, and add to broiler for about a minute.
7) Remove, sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy!