Massage, acupuncture, meditation training and skin care therapies have always been core spa offerings. While spa days filled with facials, manicures, pedicures, and massages are designed to make you feel relaxed, pampered and more vibrant on the inside — we cannot deny the blow we feel to our self-confidence when we look in the mirror and see wrinkles, saggy skin, fine lines, and age spots staring back at us –even after a day of rejuvenation.
Loss of estrogen, frowning, smiling, and squinting cause wrinkles over time as does stress, gravity and obesity. And, given the crushing toll stress is taking on American’s health, the spa should be an integral part of a health and wellness program. True lifestyle-changing programs blend evidenced-based health and spa therapies for confidence both inside and out.
Looking good enhances confidence. And, feeling better about how you look often provides the impetus to take the next step and begin the walking program you’ve been putting off, or be brave enough to and sign up for that yoga class you’ve been meaning to try. That’s the first step to actually starting a lifestyle of health and wellness.
To complement the full wellness journey, the latest cosmetic services can actually enhance your overall well-being through the renewal of mind, body and spirit. Here are some confidence builders to reduce the signs of aging and Rejuvenate the appearance of the face, neck and eyes.
- Rejuvenating facials, massages, manicures and pedicures scheduled regularly will keep you feeling your best, reduce stress and boost your confidence.
- Botox is a non-surgical, FDA approved treatment that will plump up laugh, forehead and frown lines and diminish wrinkles, and crow’s feet around your eyes.
- Juvederm actually lifts, smooths and plumps the face adding volume and contour so you look completely natural for up to one full year. The beauty of this procedure is that no one will ever know, you will simply look natural bydelivering nutrients to help the skin retain moisture, softness and add volume.
- Sclerotherapy has been a proven is a procedure used to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins since the 1930s.
- Chemical Peels can reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches from pregnancy or taking birth control pills and soften fine lines and age spots to improve the appearance of the skin. After the old skin peels off of the face, neck, or hands, new skin will appear smoother and less wrinkled. Those fine lines under the eyes, around the mouth and even mild scars and acne can be reduced, making the skin look younger and more vibrant.
- A healthy skin care routine will help you avoid wrinkles. This includes washing your face with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water twice a day, removing all make-up before bed and patting your skin dry followed with a good moisturizer and sunscreen with an SPF 15 daily. Drink lots of water and maintain a healthy diet. Get at least 8 hours of sleep and STOP smoking. Smokers skin shows more wrinkles and thins because the smoke breaks down collagen and elastin compounds vital to the skins structure and elasticity. And, practice resiliency techniques to manage stress.
For information on the new services and to contact or schedule an appointment, please visit the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program website: https://healthyliving.mayoclinic.org/.