It’s back! Westchester-ites are invited to throw on their Lederhosen and Dirndls and join thousands of residents and visitors in the heart of Westchester County as the White Plains BID celebrates the return of White Plains OktoberFest on October 8th.
A decade in the making, , the popular festival (and Westchester County’s most authentic Oktoberfest) will be located outdoors on Mamaroneck Avenue between East Post Road and Maple Avenue in a tented venue with a large performance stage.
Food will be available from Walter’s Hot Dogs and Sundance Kitchen with seasonal bites such as Schnitzel, Bratwurst and Potato Salad. For attendees 21 years of age and over, German beers will be available, including Paulaner, Spaten, Stella, Sam Adams, Captain Lawrence, White Claw and White Plains’ own brewery, Wolf & Warrior. Participating establishments include Brazen Fox, Cantina, Freebird Kitchen and Bar, Hudson Grille, Lazy Boy Saloon, Lilly’s, Ron Blacks Beer Hall, Sundance Kitchen, and Walter’s Hot Dogs.
- Live music with Melina & the Oompahs sponsored by Jägermeister! The band puts on a high-energy Oktoberfest show with music from traditional German Oompah to hits from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s through now. Melina grew up in Germany and resides in New York City. Her performance is based on the original Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, where she has performed. She and her band have also performed at Oktoberfest celebrations throughout New York City, including Central Park Oktoberfest and Oktoberfest at Hudson Yards.
- DJ playing a mix of American and German hits throughout the rest of the afternoon
- German-themed fun and games, including, but not limited to a Stein-holding and alpine horn-blowing contest, sausage toss, and a German spelling bee
- A variety of life-sized and yard games (Connect four, cornhole, etc.)
- Picnic tables for chatting with friends
- Chaperoned Family hours in the early hours of the festival with face painting, hands-on crafts and balloon artist
“Oktoberfest is one of our most beloved public events,” stated Jennifer Furioli, Executive Director. “Our secret sauce is our own organization’s event manager, Jennifer Tillerson, who hails from Germany herself and has continued to make this event more authentic every year. This is a great way to connect with neighbors and engage with our businesses on one of our downtown’s most dynamic blocks.”
This year, we’re introducing pre- and p(r)ost-Oktoberfest celebrations from October 1 -26 at our participating restaurants on Mamaroneck Ave. Attendees 21+ will enjoy themed food, beer, happy hour, and Jägermeister specials along with Oktoberfest-themed trivia nights, bingo, and Karaoke. Gifts and swag will be available, courtesy of this year’s entertainment sponsor Jägermeister.
Limited advance tickets for wristbands are available for $11. Wristbands will also be available day-of the event for $15 at the entrances on East Post Road and Maple Avenue, space permitting. Purchase of outside beer will be cash only. Proof of age is required for all to obtain a wristband for the outside purchase of beer and seltzer. Complimentary safe rides will be provided from 6:30pm – 2:30am courtesy of Dana Distributors.
For more information and tickets visit www.wpbid.com/oktoberfest