With St. Patrick’s Day just about 2 weeks away, I saw this fun popcorn recipe. I love that you can use microwave popcorn. It makes it so easy. I am looking forward to making it this weekend. I wish I had all the ingredients or I would have made it tonight it looks soo good!!!
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn light or regular butter (full-sized, not snack)
- 1 cup green chocolate candy melts*
- 1/2 cup white chocolate candy melts*
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
- Green Mint M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls or glass measuring cups, one for each color.
- Microwave the green candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20-second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-2 minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle the melted green chocolate candy over the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat (use a silicone spatula to ensure you get it all out.) Toss the popcorn with your hands until nicely coated. Then spread out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after). Optional* Add some green sugar sprinkles at this point.
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with St. Patrick’s themed candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Finally, toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Leprechaun Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.