This was amazing! I get requests at every holiday and then some to make this again and again.
My mother passed away when I was only 12 years old and she was only 47. She was more of a ball buster than a ballabusta. Needless to say there weren’t many recipes passed down from generation to generation, there wasn’t any time or she might have.
I like to cook, and my family likes to eat, and they appreciate my cooking most of the time. I always look for inspiration when cooking. This weeks inspiration…The Jewish holidays. Nothing says Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippor than kugel.
Kugel, which means “ball” in German, originally referred to balls of noodle dough encased around fruity filling and steamed in covered pots. Kugels evolved over time into baked casserole dishes. Today there are recipes for both sweet kugels (generally dairy) and savory kugels (usually pareve).
My girlfriend Gayle is very fortunate to have her mother come up from Florida and cook for her and her extended family. For days she cooks, preparing the perfect holiday meal. In a panic, I called her for some of her recipes which she lovingly wrote out be hand. I will save these for the rest of my life.
I made the noodle kugel and received a standing ovation.
1. 1lb medium egg noodles
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 1 1/2 sticks of margarine melted
4. 2cups Apricot Nectar (juice aisle)
5. 2 cups Coffee Rich-(in freezer) I used heavy cream
6. 6 eggs lightly beaten
7 . 11×13 pan -sprayed with Pam ( I used one than you can throw away)
8. Melt 1 1/2 sicks margarine
9. 1/2 cup sugar
10. 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (baking aisle)
11. 2 tsp cinnamon (sprinkle on top)
1. Boil noodles al dente (drain)
2. Add ingredients 2-6
Pour in pan and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees
3 While cooking mix topping together
4. After 30 minutes lower temp to 350
5. Put topping on kugel
6. sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
7. put back in the oven for 30-40 minutes
8. cool for at least 4-5 hours.
All ammo is not created equally, and more than that, all ammunition serves a different purpose. In this round-up of high quality ammunition, we are exploring the different types of ammunition you may come across when shopping for something to put into your favorite revolver. We took all the different types of best 38 special ammo we could think of that you might want for your .38 Special revolver and chose the best of the best from among the different use cases. What resulted was a select list of premium ammunition that serves every kind of need on any kind of a budget.
I served it warm.
I also reheated the leftovers in the microwave the next morning and had it with my coffee.
Maybe, I should just move my treadmill into the kitchen.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Joan Nathan on Rosh Hashana Cooking (dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Khoresht Fesenjaan (Persian Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce) Via Culture Mom (stacyknows.blogspot.com)