Enjoy this incredibly light, delicious & healthy recipe
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded (you use can use a spoon to remove seeds)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut 1/4 cucumber into small dice, and set aside for garnish. Cut remaining seeded cucumbers into large chunks. Combine cucumber chunks, yogurt or yogurt substitute, lemon juice, and water in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Add mint leaves, reserving some of the mint for garnish, and puree briefly. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve. Stir well before serving, and ladle into bowls, mugs garnishing each serving with a big spoonful of diced cucumber and/or mint (if desired). Enjoy!