As OPRAH says, “You get in life what you have the courage to ASK for.”
That includes finding the courage to ASK for what you need, want and deserve this Holiday season!
Easier said than done, especially when the Holidays have the potential to bring nothing but a stocking stuffer of stress and unwanted gifts.
According to today’s leading authority LAURA FREDRICKS, “The quality of life is determined by the questions you ASK. Yet, the fear of ASKING is right up there with fear of heights, public speaking and spiders – the most fearful – ASKING for your OWN needs and for your OWN money.” Adding, “the #1 reason why people do not give you what you want: they simply haven’t been ASKED.”
As Founder/CEO of the all-new, inspirational self-help literary and speaking series, THE ASK© for PHILANTHROPY, BUSINESS & EVERYDAY, LAURA puts the world of ASKING into perspective by teaching everyday audiences how to confidently and successfully ASK for what they need, want and deserve. In essence, LAURA helps you find and apply what she calls the “OPRAH Courage.” So, ASK wisely this holiday season! Start by trying LAURA’s TOP 5 HOLIDAY QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- How to ask family and friends NOT to buy you anything this year: Maybe it’s your small living space or the kindness of your big heart, but you’ve decided you don’t need gifts this year. Laura suggests: “What do you think of the idea of skipping gifts and instead setting aside a time for just us?”(The family, etc.)
- How to ask for the exact item you want – without taking the fun out of exchanging gifts: Two words: kitten calendar. This year, make sure you end up with what you really want by learning how to ask – “What would you say to giving each other the two items we would really like for Christmas, you pick one and visa versa?”
- How to give your gift to charity: With natural catastrophic disasters of recent past, many families still won’t have their homes to celebrate the holidays in. Now is the perfect time to give the gift of giving. You could say: “With all that I have, and for those who don’t, would you mind donating any potential gift money to disaster relief efforts to those in need this holiday?”
- How to ask to host this holiday: Whether you’ve had Christmas at your parents house for the last 10 years or you’re ready to start doing the honors, LAURA suggests: “I know the tradition is to have everyone at your house, but I’ve been really into decorating and celebrating the holidays and I would LOVE to have it at my house this year. What would you think about that?”
- How to ask that you skip the holidays this year: You’re stressed and need a vacation STAT. Good news is that you have the time – the bad news is that time falls over the holidays. LAURA suggests this approach: “I don’t want to come off as selfish, but as you know, I’ve been extremely stressed lately and this happens to be the only time work allows me to take vacation. I’m thinking of taking a little time away over the holiday but of course wanted to check with you. Would you mind terribly if I missed the festivities this year?”
THE ASK© for PHILANTHROPY, BUSINESS and EVERYDAY is an inspirational self-help series for both women and men who have dreams, goals and a strong desire to have the best and most fulfilling personal and professional life possible.The series provides coaching, training and proven best practices to enable participants to replace their fear of asking with a new ability to ASK for what they need, want and deserve in every aspect of their lives – finance, careers, health and relationships.
The program’s tips and tools, now readily available on www.EXPERTonTHEASK.com, can be used and applied instantly to any facet of everyday life, at any time, from anywhere and in any situation.
- While SUZE ORMAN teaches you how to spend and save money, LAURA teaches you “How to A$K for Money — and More of It”
- While DR. OZ advocates for your everyday health concerns, LAURA reveals “The Questions You Are NOT ASKING Your Doctor That Can Save You $$$”
- While DR. PHIL negotiates for family resolution, LAURA shows you “How to Take the Fear Out of ASKING for Better Relationships”
Still don’t know how to ASK? Just ASK LAURA How via her new Q&A blog series or simply send your predicament to LAURA on Twitter@expertonTHEASK. For even more tips, tools and best practices, visit THE ASK© TIPLINE at www.EXPERTonTHEASK.com.
And/or buy the book – A Holiday Book Recommendation [available on Amazon] is LAURA’s The A$K: How to Ask for Support for Your Nonprofit Cause, Creative Project, or Business Venture.