I love no cooking cooking.
Cut raw zucchini into thin ribbons that are both tender and crisp, and then add tart lemon juice, a punch of mustard and some good-quality olive oil. Finish with a little Parmesan cheese and you’ve got a meal that’s easier–and tastier–than a bowl of pasta
- 1 1/2pounds summer squash and zucchini
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2ounces Parmesan, shaved (3/4 cup)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Cut the squash and zucchini into long, thin strips using a vegetable peeler (discard the seedy cores). Place in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.