After a full summer of sun and fun, I was more than ready to gt back to my beauty routine, My go-to is always Primary Aesthetics Skin Care located in Bedford, New York. They always have the latest and greatest in the ever-changing beauty world, My forehead was looking like a Shar-Pei and I was ready to try something new. They said we have Jeuveau!!!!
What is the Difference Between BOTOX®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau?
There’s a new Botox alternative in the house—Jeuveau! This means we now have four FDA approved neurotoxins to choose from when treating expression lines (e.g., crow’s feet, frown lines, brow furrows). You’re likely familiar with the other two, Xeomin, and of course, that O.G. injectable BOTOX® Cosmetic, as all of them have been on the scene for 10 years or more. Let’s get to know Jeuveau.
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau™ is an injectable botulinum toxin type A neuromodulator that’s FDA approved to treat glabellar lines (frown lines). Carrying the self-designated hashtag #newtox, Jeuveau has positioned itself as an affordable alternative to Botox for younger patients wishing to treat early signs of aging. But, does Jeuveau work as well as its tried-and-true counterparts? What’s different about it?
How does Jeuveau compare to Botox, et al.?
Like Botox and the others, Jeuveau works by temporarily immobilizing the muscles that cause facial wrinkles to form, smoothing expression lines so you look better refreshed. Additional similarities include:
- Jeuveau injections take about 15 minutes to perform.
- Full results are visible in about 7 days.
- Results last 3 to 4 months on average.
- Side effects (e.g., tenderness, swelling, redness, headache, and/or bruising after injection) are typically mild and short-lived. No serious adverse effects were reported during clinical trials.
The main differences are:
- The botulinum in Jeuveau is prepared using a unique purification process, which makes for a unique formula. This means that Jeaveau may get better results than Botox for some patients, and vice-versa.
- While Botox is FDA approved for a variety of aesthetic and medical issues, including excessive sweat reduction, Jeuveau is only FDA approved for treating glabellar lines. Like other injectables, it could be used off-label to treat other facial wrinkles.