For some men, it’s all about the thrill of the hunt to find a woman and bring her home for the night – a tried and true scenario that happens all the time – but what happens when things don’t go exactly as planned?
Statistics show that 40% of men with even the toughest exteriors have intense fears about what could go down (pun intended) in the bedroom.
Dr. Muhammad Mirza, M.D., general health practitioner, men’s health expert, and founder of ErectileDoctor.com, finally sheds light on some of the most prominent of these fears below:
1. Lack of Performance– Nothing is more embarrassing for a man than not being able to “get it up” in the bedroom. Dr. Mirza states that erectile dysfunction can be linked to psychological fear. “I’ve seen a lot of cases were men mentally scare themselves before sexual encounters, just as how they would with any other nerve wrenching experience,” said Dr. Mirza. “Take deep breathes, tell yourself ‘I can do it’ and dive in with confidence.”
2. Premature Climax– No one wants a good time to come to an end, especially not in the bedroom. Premature ejaculation is a problem that haunts a lot of men but Dr. Mirza suggests increasing exercise in the groin, arm, quad, calves and abdominal muscles.
3. Birth Control Failure- The number one way to avoid a pregnancy scare is to practice safe sex. Using condoms with heavier and thicker material also decreases the risk of the condom breaking.
4. Toys- We all like to try new things to spice it up every once in awhile, but before you bring out the Mr. Rabbit and the Screaming O rings, make sure that you get your partners consent.
5. BDSM- Bondage, blindfolds, handcuffs, chains and whips… Do we really need to explain why men are afraid of this one?