With tourism comeback underway and international travel at 20 percent, visitors can enjoy increased capacity onboard vessels, iconic museums, spectacular views and more this summer.
Statue City Cruises, the official and only authorized concessioner for ferry service to the Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island on behalf of the National Park Service, announced today additional service and extended hours to kick off the unofficial start of summer. Statue City Cruises is part of City Experiences expansive global portfolio of water- and land-based experience and travel offerings.
Beginning Saturday morning, May 28, Statue City Cruises is increasing ferry service between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend. Boats will depart from Battery Park in lower Manhattan and Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM daily. Face masks remain required throughout the entire experience, and crews will continue to conduct daily deep cleanings of vessels to ensure the highest levels of safety for everyone.
The increased capacity comes as Statue City Cruises is seeing higher levels of ridership since the pandemic began. Notable travel trends include:
- Latest visitation to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island is 70 percent of pre-pandemic levels.
- International visitation is at 21 percent as of April 2022, compared to five percent for the same period for 2021.
- Among the countries where most visitors are coming from include the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Canada, and Mexico.
- In 2021, Statue City Cruises welcomed over 14,000 guests aboard Statue City Cruises on July 4th alone with 97 percent of those tickets being booked between May and July. Statue City Cruises is well on its way to exceeding this number in 2022.
“We are excited for what we expect to be a busy and robust summer travel season for travel to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island” said Mike Burke, COO of Concessions and Park Services for City Experiences by Hornblower. “We are continuing to take all the necessary precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for families, creating amazing, unforgettable experiences for our guests. We are excited for what the summer will bring.”
Among the variety of activities awaiting guests this summer season include:
- Enjoying acres of wide-open space on both Islands with panoramic views of New York Harbor.
- Learning the history of the Statue of Liberty through the new Statue of Liberty Museum.
- Tracing family histories at the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration.
- Exploring the unrestored buildings of Ellis Island’s Hospital Complex with an Ellis Island Hard Hat Tour, available seven days a week.
Tickets are priced at $24/adult, $18/seniors, $12/child and free for children three years and under. Tickets include self-guided audio tours on Liberty and Ellis Island. Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance from the Statue City Cruises website. Tickets are also available at the Battery Park and Liberty State Park box offices.
For more information about Statue City Cruises and City Experiences, please visit https://www.cityexperiences.com/new-york/city-cruises/statue/.