Show local NYC businesses some love (when they need it the most), the Times Square Alliance with the launch of the neighborhood’s new Times Square Retail and Restaurant Gift Card program to encourage New Yorkers to shop local.
With nearly 30 neighborhood businesses participating in the program, The Times Square Gift Card is now live – just in time for Valentine’s Day – and will be valid throughout the month of February. It is a perfect way to give a gift for the occasion that supports local businesses struggling during this time. The card will allow you to write a personal message and send it to family, friends and colleagues via email, text, or physical copy. Recipients can choose to spend it at one of the participating merchants—or mix it up and spend flexibly at multiple locations. The gift card is all-digital and always available by phone and a great way to surprise friends and loved ones in the local Midtown/Hell’s Kitchen area by supporting their local establishments.
While there is a diverse range of restaurant and retail participants for the Gift Card program, a sampling of local businesses includes:
- Jasmine’s Caribbean Cuisine – As a gem located on Restaurant Row at 371 West 46th Street that opened during the pandemic, this tropical-themed oasis and Black-owned business serves a menu that is inspired by the cuisine of Dominica, Antigua, St. Thomas, Trinidad, and Jamaica. You can see a video about them here.
- Pure Ktchn – Located at 352 West 46th Street, Pure Ktchn is an independent eatery that serves superfoods, healthy dishes and 100% pure and organic ingredients from Mother Earth.
- P.S. Kitchen – Located at 246 West 48th Street, P.S. Kitchen is a social business and a plant-based restaurant and donates 100% of profits to sustainable charitable work locally and overseas.
- Tito’s Murphy – Located at 346 West 46th Street, Tito Murphy’s serves a menu of authentic Mexican Cuisine on Restaurant Row and combines great food with warm Latin hospitality.
- Seasons A Floral Design Studio – The favorite of many a Broadway star since 1989. Seasons A Floral Design Studio celebrates beauty with fresh blooms and exquisite arrangements.
- Martinique Jewelers have been jewelers to Times Square since 1963. They specialize in diamond jewelry, especially engagement rings and wedding bands. They also carry designer brands including Pandora, Thomas Sabo, Alex and Ani, Swarovski Jewelry, & Michele Watches.
With proposals, celebrations of commitment on Valentine’s Day, and the 13th annual Love in Times Square Design Competition: “Love Letters” by Soft-Firm art installation, Love is in the Square. Now with the new Times Square Retail and Restaurant Gift Card program, New Yorkers will have a chance to give back and show some love to the City’s local businesses who need it the most.
For more details and a full list of the participating program of the gift card program, www.TSQ.org/GiftCard.