We all know how difficult it can be to put together a good breakfast. Between getting the kids out the door or getting yourself out the door, let’s face it –it may be noon before you’re able to eat.
For the absolutely easiest, quickest, healthiest, and most delicious breakfast you can make, overnight oats has it all. If you’ve never tried making them, grab a mason jar or a bowl, and try it out—this wholesome, satisfying breakfast will be calling to you from the fridge in the morning.
Meet my current breakfast obsession, this easy overnight oats recipe from chef Julie Moreno at Jewel’s Bakery and Café in Phoenix.
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh berries, or any fruit of your choice
- Combine milk, oats, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, sweetener, and cinnamon in a small bowl and site until combined. Fold in fruit. Cover bowl.
- Refrigerate oatmeal, 8 hours to overnight.