Microdermabrasion is a popular skin treatment that, in addition to making skin smooth and glowing, reduces the signs of aging. The minimally invasive treatment helps in renewing skin tone and texture while reducing wrinkles, fine lines, spots, etc. It is one of the most widely used techniques in the United States, say experts at Staten Island Glam Glow Esthetics, known for the best microdermabrasion facials in New York.
According to a ResearchAndMarkets report published in GlobeNewswire, the global anti-aging skincare market was worth $52.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach $83.2 billion by 2027. People who are curious about the entire microdermabrasion procedure, including duration, benefits, and so on, can contact experts at SiGlamGlow.com in Staten Island.
What to Expect from Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that can be performed in spas or clinics by trained professionals. Under this procedure, there are two main ways to exfoliate the skin:
- Crystal Microdermabrasion – Your skin is exposed to micro-fine crystals shot from a small tube during this procedure. The crystals are then vacuumed, scrubbing the upper surface of dead skin cells.
- Diamond wand – A device with a diamond/crystal tip is used to rub the upper surface and it is vacuumed afterward removing the dead skin cells of the face.
How Long Does It Take to Complete the Treatment?
The entire procedure, including cleaning and preparing the skin for treatment, the procedure, and then cleansing to remove dead cells, takes about 30 minutes. We apply a face mask and give a massage here, which takes about 45 minutes.
Is Microdermabrasion Facial Painful?
The microdermabrasion treatment is carried out on the upper surface of the skin, so you do not experience any pain. Irrespective of the method used to carry out the procedure, it doesn’t hurt.
Moreover, the treatment’s effects usually last for about a month, so you don’t need to repeat the procedure very frequently. However, the duration is determined by age, as well as the body’s response to the treatment. For more information on the best microdermabrasion facials in NYC, you can consult a therapist.
What are the Pre- and Post-Treatment Instructions?
Some pre-treatment instructions are:
- No direct sun exposure, waxing, or tanning
- Avoid certain products like Retinol
- No Vitamin A and vitamin supplements
Post-treatment instructions are:
- Avoid exercise that leads to excessive sweating
- No direct sun exposure
- Use sunscreens, moisturizers, and other recommended skincare products
What are the benefits of Microdermabrasion Facial?
Being an advanced procedure to address several skin concerns, it is appealing to people due to several benefits like:
- It effectively fights aging and considerably reduces the age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines.
- It improves the uneven skin tone and texture as the treatment exfoliates the skin and the resurfaced skin is devoid of various skin issues like dark spots, sun damage, and more.
- It helps fight acne better.
- In the end, you get radiant and healthy skin.
The size of the North American facial treatment market was worth $325 million in 2020, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1 percent to reach $459.08 million by 2025. The microdermabrasion method is a novel and advanced treatment for a variety of skin problems. It works by thoroughly exfoliating the treatment area, exposing the healthier, fresher skin cells beneath.