Marni Battista, relationship coach, is the queen of making her clients irresistible to men in today’s dating environment. In a world complicated by the ‘buffet’ -try it and leave it’-approach to dating and relationships further complicated by technology and increasingly confusing gender roles, Marni teaches successful women how to find the perfect man without sacrificing their dignity or professional goals. Her innovative process uses a cutting edge combination of neuroscience and authenticity to attract not just any man, but one who will be an ideal partner, equal, and person with whom a woman can create a pathway to a life of meaning, intimacy, and personal fulfillment.
Marni’s 8 Rules to Being Single Successfully
- Don’t Dwell Past heartbreaking events tend to hang around and affect how you deal with the present and think of the future. Any time you catch yourself thinking about what you could’ve done differently to win back that ex, train yourself to remember that exes are just that for a reason.
- Try New Things What better time to explore new hobbies than when there’s no one to run it by but yourself? Sign up for a night course, check out a local painting class, or attend an eclectic event in your city that piques your interest. You may just wind up making some new friends, too!
- Tap into Your Creativity With so many new hobbies on your calendar and alone time to reflect, you’ll likely find a new or rediscovered element of creativity weaving its way into your life. Use this time on your own to see where it takes you.
- Make Yourself a Priority No matter how much it consumes your thoughts, dating is just one tiny fraction of your life. Cook a delicious meal for yourself even if no one is coming over, take yourself to a movie or concert, and write regularly in a journal. Remindyourself of how much you’re worth, with or without a steady partner.
- Date! Regardless of how much alone time and introspection being single can entail, finding time to date is still an important piece of the puzzle. Dating in any context, no matter how horribly awkward it turns out to be, is great practice and will help you to narrow down (or expand) what you’re looking for in a mate.
- Take Off the Pressure Don’t feel like you have to talk yourself into liking someone. Some people just aren’t the right fit, and that’s okay.
- Set (and Stick to) Standards Harness your independence and strike out anyone who doesn’t treat you with the respect and care you deserve. Take this time to determine which values and traits are of the utmost importance to you, and filter out any fellas who don’t meet those fundamental requirements.
- Relax Spending your energy chasing men or desperately trying to mold the wrong ones into your soulmate will distract you from keeping up your antennae for red flags and enjoying your solo free time.Marni Battista is a certified professional Dating and Relationship Coach and Expert, writer, and nationally recognized TV, print, and online magazine expert (Cosmopolitan Magazine, Yahoo! Shine, Huffington Post, YourTango.com, CupidsPulse.com, Men’s Fitness, Glamour and more). She has also had appearances on major television networks, including CBS and ABC where she has been a guest on Loveline (filling in for Dr. Drew!) and Dr. Phil, on nationally broadcast radio shows, such as On Air with Ryan Seacrest, and on Youtube Channels, like Off Air with Sisanie. Marni’s weekly dating and relationship podcast, “The Dating Den,” has more than 25k downloads per month and she was named one of the 10 Best Women’s Dating Experts by @DatingAdviceCom.