College students are always on the move, and their finances may not always be the first thing on their minds. Could this change if their banks moved into their back pockets?
GoBank— the award-winning new bank account made to be used on your mobile phone —has done just this. A GoBank account is an FDIC-insured bank account that is opened and used exclusively on a mobile device. No more excuses to Mom that you’ll pay her back when you come home, no checks from summer jobs left sitting around for months: all of your financial needs can be handled with the swipe of a finger right on your smart phone! The app’s Fortune Teller feature will let you know when you really shouldn’t buy that second pair of boots this month if you want to pay rent—even if they’re PERFECT for that upcoming frat party.
The app can even help your social life, too. The mobile bank wants to reward its members for GoBanking with friends – you’ll receive $5 when you send money to a friend and they join GoBank. Bonus? The friend gets $5 too.
GoBank is focused on building trust with their GoBankers. Just take a look at a few of their many student oriented features:
- · A pay-what-you-want monthly fee (from $0-$9).
- · A huge free ATM network (over 44,000) & finder.
- · No minimum balance requirements or overdraft fees.
- · Build-a-Budget.
- · Mobile deposit and immediate funds transfer from the “Money Vault” (savings).
- · Person-to-person money transfer, even to those without the app.
- · Online checkbook.
- · And for the art history majors- you can even design your own debit card!
GoBank is convenient and user friendly—it’s perfect for students who are just learning to manage their own money. Less worrying about banking fees = more study time…right?