If you’re looking to use your green thumbs and expand into the world of indoor gardening, you are not alone. Studies have shown that the popularity of indoor gardening has skyrocketed in recent months, as we spend more time at home and look for ways to bring outside inside.
If you want an indoor garden that is healthy, manageable, and eco-friendly, you need solar lights for plant pots. The right grow lights for indoor plants are essential if you want to ensure a healthy garden all year round. Luckily, you have come to the right place. Read on to find out everything you need to know about the best led grow lights for indoor plants.
1. Consider the Solar Light Panel Material
Just as it is with lights for outdoor plants, the best lights for indoor plants depend on the solar material that you use. As explained by the residential solar experts at https://blueravensolar.com/blog/what-is-the-best-solar-panel-for-residential-solar/, there are three types of solar panel material to choose from.
These are monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin film. Each comes with its own unique power specifications, space dimensions, and energy output. Always do your research before choosing the best grow lights for indoor plants.
2. Types of Solar Lights for Plant Pots
While opting for solar-powered lights is the best way to grow your plants, there are still further things to consider. The next step is to choose the type of light you want to use for growing your indoor plants. These are:
- LED: LED lights use less power and have a very strong energy intensity. Solar-powered LED lights are ideal for growing hungry plants in your home but less ideal for small flowers.
- Fluorescent: when it comes to small solar lights for potted plants, fluorescent lights are always a good option. They do not emit too much light and are ideal for smaller grows and seedlings.
- HID: these are high-intensity discharge lights that emit huge amounts of power and are very expensive to run. There is very little reason to use this outside of an industrial context.
3. Features to Consider
There are a number of additional features you might want to consider if you want to get the absolute most out our your solar lights for plant pots. These are:
- Battery: the solar cells are used to power a rechargeable battery. Do your research to check which battery offers the best durability and capacity for your needs.
- Circuitry: high-quality wiring and circuitry are essential, as this determines how efficiently solar energy is stored and converted into light for your plants.
- Run-Time: the better your lights, the longer they should be able to shine a light on your plants. If you have large light needs, you need solar lights with a longer daily run-time.
Natural Indoor Living at Your Fingertips
Now that you know everything you need to know about solar lights for plant pots, it is time to learn more. Make sure to consult our in-depth Country Living guides to learn more about bringing the outside in.