Vaping has always been one of the most popular ways of consuming THC along with oral consumption, dabbing, and sublingual administration. Now with the growing popularity of Delta 8 THC and the increasing legalization of weed, people are looking for the ‘right’ method of how to use Delta 8 Vapes. People often ask whether Delta 8 can be used in vape pens, whether Delta 8 is safe for vaping, and what flavors do Delta 8 vape cartridges come in?
This guide deals with all such questions and gives you a comprehensive and in-depth idea of the various considerations that go into using and buying Delta 8 Vapes. Let’s get started!
First, the basics, what is this vape pen? Delta 8 Vape pen is a regular portable vape pen that uses Delta 8 liquid for vaporization. Delta 8 is a THC cannabinoid that has healing and psychoactive properties. It makes the user calm, therefore allowing for a stable mental state. These vape pens are available in 2 different types
- Disposable Vape Pens using delta 8 carts
- Rechargeable Vape Pens using delta 8 carts
If you want to use this liquid gold in a safe and enjoyable manner, then follow the below-given steps:
You will require a battery which is the part holding a cartridge. It should be available at a local smoke shop near you. Then get a “female” battery as the Delta 8 cartridges are screwed into it. But it can also work the other way round, therefore you should always pay attention to the cartridges you wish to buy. Also, find out whether your pen is a disposable or rechargeable one, and read the instruction manual provided with it carefully.
Now you must be wondering whether the vape smoke will taste like normal cigarettes, i.e. bad and tar-like. Thankfully, the simple answer to this question is no. When considering flavors, you’re in for a surprise. Delta 8 THC is available in a plethora of flavors, from fruity tropical punch to cookies and cream, you name it! Beginners can choose a milder flavor rather than going for something which is too funky.
You went out with your friends and brought your favorite vape flavor, got the pen, and set it up. As soon as your friend takes the first drag, you realize it does not work because you did not charge it! Therefore, you should always make sure your pen is charged because it works the best on full voltage.
Many pens have batteries that need to be activated using a button. The same goes for coils, although coils usually get activated upon inhalation. The coil of a vape pen is that part of the device which vaporizes the liquid by heating up.
After you’re done using your vape pen, store it upright as this will make sure there are no leakages or clogs. It is good practice to recharge vapes once every 24 hours after use. You should also incorporate the habit of cleaning your pen with a soft cotton wipe often, this way you will keep it looking fresh!
Users generally report no adverse side effects of such use when done as per the manual provided by the manufacturer. You should only use cartridges from certified sources or from the manufacturer’s authorized distributors. The use of unauthorized cartridges or using a pen not as per the manual can be dangerous and lead to injury. All these guidelines should be followed for the vape battery too.
Nicotine is present in tobacco-based products, and Delta 8 is a cannabis-based product. Therefore it does not contain any nicotine and won’t make you prey to all the harmful effects associated with nicotine consumption. Products containing nicotine are usually marked on the label.
- Draw-activated vape pens: These vape pens get activated when you take a puff from them, like most vapes do. You do not require to use a button to switch them on or off, and therefore, they have no buttons to push. Due to this reason, such vape pens are one of the easiest vape pens to use. There is a drawback to this, they offer less in terms of functionality. Many modes that are available on push-button vapes are not available for draw activated vape pens.
- Push-button vape pens: As is obvious from their name, these vape pens have a switch which needs to be pressed (thus the name ‘pus-button’) for them to get activated. Typically, in most vapes of this variety this is done by pushing the button five times in a row. There might also be an option for you to adjust the voltage output in certain vape pens. If there is such an option available then you need to press the button three times in a row for such adjustment to take place. Another mode that is worth checking is the pre heat mode. This mode allows for a better hit. It is activated by pressing the button twice in a row.
Usually, vape pens stop working due to the following reasons:
- You have not connected the cartridge properly: This happens when the cartridge is loose and is not able to make a proper connection with the battery.
- The cartridge is not compatible: This happens when people buy spurious cartridges from unauthorized dealers that are not 510-threaded.
- The coil or battery is defective
- You have depleted the cartridge