Though many will be out celebrating St. Paddy’s Day at Irish Pubs, others opt to host celebrations in their own homes. For those looking for the perfect celebratory cocktails that will tantalize your taste buds and hors d’oeuvres with an Irish spin, try these delicious recipes from Benjamin Steakhouse Westchester. Festive and sure to please!
Apple Pucker (1/2 oz.)
Add ½ oz of Apple pucker to a champagne glass and top of with your champagne of choice
1 ½ oz. Bacardi Limon
½ oz Crème de meth
Muddled mint leaves & lime
3 packets of Sugar
Muddle Mint leaves and lime. Add ice and Bacardi, shake, and strain into a martini glass. Sink crème de menthe (which floats to the bottom), garnish with a mint and a lime, and enjoy!
Corned Beef Sliders:
3 lbs Corned Beef (for easier recipe, deli corned beef is fine; skip to step 2)
½ head of Cabbage
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Pickling spices
2 Russet potatoes, peeled
1 tsp butter
Salt, pepper to taste
20 mini potato bread rolls
- In a large pot, boil carrots, onions, corned beef, and pickling spices for about 2 hours. (If using purchased corned beef from a deli, simply heat and skip to the next step)
- In a separate pot, boil the entire half head (whole) of cabbage for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil potatoes until tender. Remove from water, mash roughly with butter, salt & pepper, leaving chunks, and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Open mini buns, place on a tray and toast them in the oven for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove.
- Spread a layer of mashed potatoes on each bun; top with a generous layer of corned beef, cabbage, and Dijon mustard.
- Serve and enjoy!