Hair the never ending battle. It seems to have a mind of its own. It grows where we don’t want it and not where we do. Not to mention that I am way over do for Keratin. Although , it appears that I am blessed with “good hair”, it just doesn’t come naturally. I am all about product. So when @SheSpeaks ask me to participate in #AvedaNaturallyStraight program I immediately said yes. : I received complimentary product from SheSpeaks/Aveda for review purposes.
I received Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight and the Aveda hair care line including Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Shampoo, Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Conditioner and Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother along with Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight.
The Secret to Naturally Straight’s Straightening Success
Unlike chemical straighteners, Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight does not penetrate the hair shaft or modify hair’s natural bonds. Instead, it works from the outside, adding an imperceptible surface layer to the hair that progressively loosens curls with every use – so hair becomes straighter. 94% of women say it helps eliminate curl immediately and after 5 consecutive applications of Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight, hair will stay straight for up to 3 washes1.
I had my washed my hair with of Smooth Infusion Shampoo and applied Smooth Infusion Conditioner for a few minutes. After towel drying the hair, I sectioned my hair and then spread a few pumps of Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother throughout the full length of my hair, which made the blow-drying process go faster and smoother [no pun intended!]. The products have an uplifting aroma, Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight is infused with the signature Smooth Infusion™ fresh citrus-floral blend aroma featuring bergamot, palmarosa, Turkish Rose and Australian Sandalwood.
As you straighten your hair, Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight’s naturally derived plant fibers invisibly attach to each hair strand to loosen curl – and help hold your straight style in place – while a humidity barrier of tapioca starch and maize helps fend off frizz, even in extreme humidity.
The more you use this ingenious hair creme, which is safe for relaxed and color treated hair, the easier it is to play it straight, so you can cut back on styling time every day, while easily creating a pro-caliber blow out.
My hair was super shiny, more manageable and it smelled delicious.
For Best Results
Depending on hair length and thickness, start by using a small coin sized drop of Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight styling creme on towel-dried, still damp hair, applying it one section at a time.
1. Start the application process at the nape of the neck, working Naturally Straight into the ends of hair up to the mid-lengths using downward strokes before reaching the scalp, being sure it is evenly distributed throughout the entire head.
2. Blow dry hair straight using the brush of your choice.
3. Follow up with a flat iron, if desired. For very tight curls and coils, apply Smooth Infusion™ Style Prep Smoother onto hair first.
Watch the Aveda Smooth Infusion video for styling tips:
The Aveda Smooth Infusion™ System
The lightweight, supremely straightening and heat-protecting Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight styling creme is part of the comprehensive Aveda Smooth InfusionTM collection of products specially formulated to smooth or straighten hair while dramatically reducing frizz and defending against humidity. The line includes:
- Smooth Infusion™ Shampoo (US $21, 8.5 oz. /250 ml): Gently cleanses, smoothes and reduces frizz.
- Smooth Infusion™ Conditioner (US $21, 6.7 oz./200 ml): Daily conditioner smoothes and reduces frizz.
- Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother (US $24, 3.4 oz./100 ml): Defends against humidity for up to 12 hours and lays the foundation for long lasting smooth styles.
- Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener (US $23, 4.2 oz., 125 ml): Straightens hair while imparting lustrous shine and protecting the hair’s cuticle from heat damage.
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ products are safe for relaxed and color treated hair. Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight styling crème (US $26) will be available beginning June 2014 in Aveda Experience Center retail stores, Aveda Salons and Spas and online at www.aveda.com.