The Classic also supports many other local non-profit organizations and equestrian related charities beyond its own 501(c)3 status and annual financial donation and in-kind support to the Hospital. Other charitable activities include:
- Hampton Classic Animal Adoption Day, sponsored by Georgina Bloomberg, has been in place for 12 years. It includes 6-10 dog and cat shelters and a presentation of adoptable rescued horses by rescues that are part of The Equus Foundation’s Guardian program. These organizations are given a platform to raise awareness and funds for their individual organization, and most importantly, they’re given an opportunity to find forever homes for their animals in need. Dozens of animals are adopted as a direct result of Adoption Day each year.
- Since 2011, the Hampton Classic has partnered with the Sag Harbor Food Pantry and other food pantries to collect non-perishable food items. People who attend the Classic on Tuesday and Wednesday with three or more items to donate have their entire carload admitted free.
- Since 2006, the Hampton Classic has been hosting the Long Island Horse Show Series for Riders with Disabilities (LIHSSRD) Finals. The establishment of this championship competition enabled the LIHSSRD organization to found the entire series, which has become a fixture on the calendars of individuals with disabilities throughout Long Island
- The Classic supports JustWorld International by hosting a “Horseless Horse Show” and through the “Jump for a JustWorld” program where sponsors – including Longines, Land Rover, and Jaguar this year – make a donation for every clear jump over designated fences in specified classes.
- The Hampton Classic leases property at the corner of Montauk Highway and Lockwood Avenue that it sublets, at no cost, to the Bridgehampton Union Free School District. This lease began in Spring 2016. The property is used by the school to expand its gardening program and tie into other educational programs regarding agriculture, farming, and related micro business opportunities.
- Other non-profit organizations with whom the Classic has partnerships include: Equestrian Aid Foundation, Storeybrook Farm, Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation, Gimme Shelter, Guild Hall, HEART Equine Ambulance, The Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research & Preservation, SOFO Museum, Stony Brook Medical, Turtle Rescue of the Hamptons, Bridgehampton Childcare Center, and Long Island Professional Horsemen’s Association.
- In recognition of the “backup” ambulance support Bridgehampton Fire Department provides, the Hampton Classic donates $5,000 to the Department each year.