EventsPosted by Stacy
Archaeology Camp for Kids
July 16th 2012 9:30am - 12:30pm
Jay Heritage Center
Got a budding Indiana Jones (or Jane?) Sign them up for a real dirt-under-your-fingernails field experience! Supervised by archaeologist Eugene Boesch your child will help uncover and identify cultural resources for JHC and learn about John Jay's 1745 colonial farmhouse - the home where he grew up as a child in Rye. Following criteria set by the Department of the Interior, participants will dig, screen, measure and catalogue the items they find. Past probes have revealed 18th century artifacts like square nails and an assortment of glazed pottery.Sign your 8 - 12 year olds up this summer July 16 - July 20, 9:30am - 12:30pm $125 per week per child. T-shirt, notebook and tools included. Call Heather Craane at (914) 698-9275 for more info. Enrollment limited to 12 children.
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35765 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4130 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3282 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3205 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know2989 views