It’s Time To Make A Comeback!Posted by Stacy
It may have been an argument with your spouse, a major proposal of yours that was shot down at work, or an event so stressful that caused you to raid the refrigerator and ruin your diet. Whatever the case, it’s time to make a comeback!
Rick McDaniel, author of the new book Comeback: Overcoming The Setbacks In Your Life , is an expert in helping people make a personal comeback. He says no matter what kind of setbacks today’s women are facing, it’s possible to rebound and get back in the game.
Here are his tips:
- Have Forward Focus - You must have a laser-like focus and it is forward in a direction concentrated on your goals. If in your family you have struggled to find time together, the answer is to keep that goal in front of you. You persevere in your attempts to strengthen your family. Resist the temptation to give up or alter the goal. Keep working toward it focused on ultimately succeeding.
- Lose The Regret - Regret imprisons us in guilt, depression and indecision. Don’t say things like, “If I had only done this” or “If I could only go back.” The past cannot be changed but the future certainly can. Abraham Lincoln was famous for writing down disappointments and then burning them. Consider writing down the regret which will be cathartic for you and then burn it as a way of declaring you are letting it go.
- Restore Your Confidence - A setback has a way of affecting your confidence like nothing else. Confidence is the expectation that you will succeed and is crucial to a comeback. A powerful way to restore your confidence is with the help of a good friend. Allow your friend to remind you of your many successes and accomplishments. Let her encourage you with stories of how you have done well in the past.
- Change Your Approach - When something does not work it is always wise to try a different approach. If you have had a serious argument with your spouse over money, you are not alone. But you do not want your entire marriage to be about financial conflict. If the fight is about overspending then a different approach would be to proactively set up amounts that can be spent in a month. Then each month you can calmly review your spending patterns.
McDaniel says setbacks do not control your life. You control your life! He reminds all women that the past cannot be changed, but the future certainly can.
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- Submit an event
06/08/2013 Picture This! Saturday Story T
06/12/2013 Summer Saturdays at Katonah Mu
06/14/2013 Stroller Tours at Katonah Muse
06/15/2013 FALL OPEN HOUSE IN SPRING!
06/15/2013 Summer Saturdays at Katonah Mu
06/19/2013 MHAs Get On Your Mat For Ment
06/19/2013 Get on Your Mat for Mental Hea
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4149 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3285 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3207 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know3004 views