Maker’s Mark’s Perfect Mint Julep For Derby DayPosted by Stacy
Maker’s Mark’s Perfect Mint Julep For Derby Day
|The Perfect Mint Julep. (Courtesy Photo: Maker’s Mark)|
Maker’s Mark is one of Kentucky’s finest premium bourbons, handcrafted at the oldest operating bourbon distillery in the world. , eighth generation distiller and grandson of Maker’s Mark Founder Bill Samuels Sr., has happily offered up his family’s personal recipe for The Perfect Mint Julep so that you can share it with our readers.
For those who don’t have enough time to make juleps, Rob suggests trying Maker’s 46 – the first new bourbon from Maker’s Mark in 52 years. Best enjoyed neat or on the rocks, Maker’s 46 is finished with seared French oak staves and offers a bolder and more complex taste than the original Maker’s Mark. It has a rich, creamy caramel and vanilla flavor with a big, oaky finish.
The Perfect Mint Julep Serves 14 to 16
• 1 liter Maker’s Mark Bourbon
• Lots of fresh spearmint
• Distilled water
• Granulated sugar
• Powdered sugar
To prepare the mint extract, remove about 40 small mint leaves – wash and place in a small mixing bowl. Cover with three ounces of Maker’s Mark. Allow the leaves to soak for 15 minutes. Then, gather the leaves in a clean, soap-free piece of cotton cloth and vigorously wring the mint bundle over the bowl of whisky. Dip the bundle again and repeat the process several times. Then set aside.
|Maker’s Mark is one of Kentucky’s finest premium bourbons. (Courtesy Photo:|
- 4 Recipes for a winning Kentucky Derby party (sheknows.com)
- Cocktail 101: How to Make a Perfect Mint Julep (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- Woodford Reserve Luxury Mint Julep Cup Returns for 2012 Kentucky Derby (shoppingblog.com)
- 3 Racy Kentucky Derby Inspired Dates! (yourtango.com)
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4132 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3282 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3205 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know2989 views