All Hail The Perfect Melon!Posted by Stacy
Planning a summer party this year? Make sure to include some juicy watermelon! If you never thought picking the perfect melon was important before, you will now!
Dawn Bryan, founder of The Qualipedia, definitely knows how to pick out the best watermelon for your summer parties! These tips are like hitting the jackpot for my fellow Westchester watermelon lovers. Check out Dawn’s tips on how to perfect this summertime staple:
When you’re in the supermarket, look out for-
•Coloring: It should have skin that’s bright, green, and firm, free of any cuts, discolorations or marks.
•Weight: A heavier melon means more water has been retained… which translates to having a juicier fruit!
•Size: Make sure that the melon you pick isn’t too big or too small for your needs — you don’t want any of it to go to waste, but you also want everyone to enjoy it!
• Sound: Yes, you read this right. Listen to the watermelon. “Thump” it up by your ear and listen for a hollow sound. That hollow sound means it’s a good melon!
When you’re storing your melon, be sure to:
• Store it at room temperature if you haven’t cut it so that you preserve it and ensure that it remains ripe
• Keep it cool in your refrigerator if it’s cut and ready to eat. This will chill the melon out and keep it deliciously juicy.
• Wrap any leftovers in plastic and place them in the fridge so it’s fresh for as long as possible!
COOL WATERMELON RECIPES FOR A HOT SUMMER PARTY THAT YOUR GUESTS WILL LOVE
•Watermelon Mojito Popsicles: Perfect for getting your chill on and your buzz on all at the same time.
•Watermelon Keg: To nix frat-house feeling of a keg party, try this on for size.
•Watermelon Smoothie: Whip this up whenever you’re in need of a bright, clean lift to your day… or to your face!
•Watermelon and Feta Salad: A sweet and unique alternative to the traditional summer salad
Is anyone else halfway out the door and ready to get their melon on at Stop & Shop? I can’t wait to try out these tips and tricks for the perfect summer snacks!
Thanks to Dawn at The Qualipedia for these amazing ideas!
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4144 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3284 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3207 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know2999 views