Fool-Proof Tips for the Shy GirlPosted by Stacy
Rachel DeAlto. Rachel is a Flirting and Communications Expert based in Manhattan and is a seasoned expert who has been featured on several television shows and programs, and regularly teaches courses on flirting at The Learning Annex, America’s leading adult education center.
Rachel’s flirting tips for the shy girl are below:
“Flirting is all about making someone smile – do it right and they’ll come back for more!”
For the Shy Girl:
- Don’t forget to smile and make eye contact- Even if you can’t imagine ever making the first move, you can speak a thousand words with your eyes and smile. See someone you are interested in? Make 3 seconds of eye contact with a smile and if he is interested he will make the approach – guaranteed!
- Grab a wingwoman – Drop all of your attached or married friends (temporarily!) and grab your flirtiest and sexiest SINGLE friend possible to go out with you! You need someone who is going to help you start conversations with the cute guys out and about, not spend the night talking about mortgages and kids. You can go to brunch with them later.
- Keep it light – If you are constantly stumped when trying to think of something to talk about, think of 2-3 light topics that you feel comfortable talking about. Whether its an upcoming concert you are going to, a restaurant you went to, or even the weather, make sure you have something in your head to chat about.
- Fake it! Have a cocktail, just one, and let your nerves relax. After that practice practice practice! The more often you are smiling and making conversation, the more natural it will feel!
More about Rachel DeAlto:
Rachel DeAlto is a Flirting and Communications Expert who is dedicated to helping people communicate more effectively. Her expertise is available to help individuals single and looking for love, those trying to improve their current relationships, or anyone that wants to improve the way they communicate in all facets of their life.
Rachel believes that “flirting” is a facet of the art of communication, and is not just another dirty word. The art of the flirt is about giving compliments, making people feel good, and feeling good about yourself through the positivity you spread. Rachel has always been in touch with her inner flirt, and further developed her communications expertise through her undergraduate degree from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University and later as a practicing trial attorney after receiving her Juris Doctorate at Seton Hall University School of Law.
Rachel is also the Founder and CEO of FlipMe Flirting Cards, which was developed to bring flirting back to the real world and empower women to get in touch with their sassy side. Each pack of FlipMe flirt cards includes 30 cards and a 6 month subscription to FlipMe.com. The cards contain flirty sayings on the front, and unique codes on the back that let the lucky recipient view your profile and send you messages. This stylish accessory is a simple and intriguing way to break the ice and let someone know you’re interested without divulging your personal details.
Rachel has been featured on a multitude of media outlets including Glamour.com, iVillage, The Nest, MSN, WPIX, LXTV New York, Cosmo Girl Sirius Radio, Martha Stewart Sirius Radio, Yahoo Shine, and is a featured expert with Howcast.com. Her current reel is available at: http://youtu.be/PzzbUVKsxPY
Rachel is currently in the process of writing her first book, a guide to flirting. Check out www.theflirtexpert.com for more information.
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- Submit an event
06/08/2013 Picture This! Saturday Story T
06/12/2013 Summer Saturdays at Katonah Mu
06/14/2013 Stroller Tours at Katonah Muse
06/15/2013 FALL OPEN HOUSE IN SPRING!
06/15/2013 Summer Saturdays at Katonah Mu
06/19/2013 MHAs Get On Your Mat For Ment
06/19/2013 Get on Your Mat for Mental Hea
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4148 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3284 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3207 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know3004 views