Find Love on Your Smart PhonePosted by Stacy
Social networks are often used as tools to meet people however as seen with the “Girls Around Us” app which was recently pulled from the app market, many of the social networking apps have problems walking the fine line between smart data and privacy invasion.
Friendthem, an app that allows you to make location based – real time connections by using Facebook to find people around you, has found a way to let you connect in real time with full power of discretion for all parties involved.
Imagine you meet someone at a party, a conference, or even out for a walk. This could potentially lead to a date, a new job, or just a great friendship. As you part ways, this person says “Facebook me” and then disappears. Friendthem is a location-based app which helps you find that person and send a friend request.
Other apps include …
Dubbed “the Google of online dating,” OKCupid hit the scene in 2004. The service slowly carved out an industry presence by offering its network for free. Furthermore, OKCupid also hosts OK Trends, a blog that charts analytics and user habits, including 10 Charts About Sex which is a real eyeopener.
Want to meet new people? Chat instantly? Skout is the largest and fastest growing network for meeting new people and having fun. With one click, you can see all the people near you who are also looking for someone new to meet – exactly when you are! What’s more, you’ll be able to see who is in your neighborhood just waiting and wanting to connect to someone like you.
Blendr is a new social networking app that lets you check out users close by, browse their profiles and start chatting. Whether it’s for a conversation over coffee, a restaurant recommendation, or to find someone brave enough to go skydiving with, Blendr empowers you to socialize with those around you. Use it to meet new people anywhere you go.
More of a small startup compared to its Match.com and OkCupid competition, MeetMoi may not boast as large an audience, but its select participation may actually work in its favor. The company’s goal is to “strip down dating to what’s essential — the introduction.” By showing you nearby singles who meet your dating criteria, MeetMoi hopes to lead you to a real-life connection.
- How to Write a Link Request Based on Tips From OkCupid (distilled.co.uk)
- Inside OkCupid Labs: The Modern Matchmakers Of Silicon Valley [Ok Cupid] (gizmodo.com)
- How This Gay Social Network Went Mainstream (inc.com)
- How to (Not) Find Love Online (eastbayexpress.com)
- The Story of Skout: From Deadpool’s Door to $22M Led By Andreessen Horowitz (techcrunch.com)
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4141 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3284 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3207 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know2998 views