No Plans For The Holiday Weekend …..No ProblemPosted by Stacy
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!! Summer has officially kicked in this weekend and it is time to party!! Bbqs, vacations, beach time, camping trips, lake house visits, etc are in full swing. Yeah!!! Wooohooo!!! What if, however, your schedule does not permit such a fabulous weekend?? What if….gasp….you have to stay close to home and it is, well, plain old dullsville?? The pressure to have summer fun can be overwhelming to say the least. Going on a vacation is easy….staying home can be difficult. Even if you have great intentions, the fact that you are in your own domain with piles of things to do can take you away from the intended weekend of bliss. Here are some tips to get you thru the weekend in a fabulous way even if you are home and not somewhere fabulous!
1. Ignore the pile of laundry/bills/whatnots! Get out of the house for a walk or picnic….or a drive to somewhere different. Find out where the fireworks are and get yourself there ….with kids or without. The pile will be there the next day….figure it out during the week.
2. Go to a movie marathon! Try the theatre for a great escape with friends or family. Pick 2 or 3 films and see them all in one day/night!! It is a blast and a very fun way to see all the summer blockbusters! (Or try an art house theatre .) Mix it up, a comedy, an action film and a chick flick all in one day. Argue like critics about each film and measure their merit against each other. You will be surprised at how sophisticated your film taste gets after a couple of marathons!!
3. Lighten up!! If you and your spouse have different expectations on how you should spend the day/weekend, don’t argue about it. Let him do his thing for 4 hours and you go do your thing for 5 hours. Meet somewhere and compare….make a joke of it….because I am sure that yours will be much more fun! And wear makeup when you meet up….it will piss him off and get him wondering.
4. Look fabulous! It doesn’t matter what you put on….just make sure that you are somehow put together and not in sweats or yoga pants!!! It is not how you feel, dahlink, but how you look. Even though this sounds superficial, whenever you pull yourself together your mood follows. You will see yourself in a more wonderful way. It works!!
5. Invite some friends over! If you have some friends in town, get together. Don’t worry about the details….just get together. Mojitos anyone??
Subscribe for Newsletter
Stay In The Know
Keep In The Know
What You Want To Know!
- I’m Reading 50 Shades of Grey and So Is Everyone else in Armonk35766 views
- David Letterman’s Top 10 Ten Reasons Golf Is Better than Sex4143 views
- Real Housewives of Westchester Might Just Be A Reality3284 views
- Save Your Marriage More Reasons to Read 50 Shades of Grey3207 views
- Stacy Doesn’t Know2998 views